Genetically Driven Hyperglycemia Increases Risk of Coronary Artery Disease Separately From Type 2 Diabetes
- Received December 8, 2016.
- Accepted February 13, 2017.
- Published March 15, 2017.
Copyright & Usage
© 2017 by the American Diabetes Association. http://www.diabetesjournals.org/content/licenseReaders may use this article as long as the work is properly cited, the use is educational and not for profit, and the work is not altered. More information is available at http://www.diabetesjournals.org/content/license.
- Jordi Merino1,3,
- Aaron Leong2,4,
- Daniel C. Posner5,
- Bianca Porneala4,
- Lluís Masana3,
- Josée Dupuis5,6 and
- Jose C. Florez1,2,7⇑
- 1Diabetes Unit and Center for Genomic Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- 2Programs in Metabolism and Medical & Population Genetics, Broad Institute, Cambridge, MA
- 3Vascular Medicine and Metabolism Unit, Research Unit on Lipids and Atherosclerosis, Sant Joan University Hospital, Institut Investigació Sanitaria Pere VirgiliI, Rovira i Virgili University, CIBERDEM, Reus, Spain
- 4Division of General Internal Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- 5Department of Biostatistics, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA
- 6National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute's Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, MA
- 7Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Corresponding author: Jose C. Florez, .